We all know how precious our friendships are. But so many times, life gets in the way and it could be weeks, months, even years between times when we get to see or speak to our closest girlfriends. Well, this month gives us an excuse to improve those statistics! Here are some great ideas to get you started in reconnecting with old friends (and making some new ones, too!).
- Busy? Carve out time to invite a friend out for coffee or tea
- Buy a friend a little gift – whether it’s a book of poetry, some fragrance, or something that has personal meaning to you both
- Plan a girls’ night out! Visit some of your favorite stores, restaurants, or even go out to see a movie
- Or have a girls’ night in! Rent a few feel-good girl night movies, drink some wine and all the sweets you avoid during the rest of the year.
- Spoil yourself and a friend by getting a massage or visiting a spa and get facials and pedicures!
- With the world as plugged in as it is, it is easier and easier to reconnect with people we haven’t seen in years. So try looking for childhood friend with whom you’ve lost contact, and say hello!
- Sign up for a class together with a friend! From tango to wine tasting, or a scrapbooking class, there are lots of choices.
- Plan an adventure or trip. Go hiking, hot-air ballooning, skydiving, backpacking, camping, white water rafting, etc.
- Send flowers to the special women in your life, whether it’s your mother or sister, or someone very close to you who has had a large impact on your life, like a female mentor
- Have a good group of gals at work? Tell them about International Women’s Friendship Month and schedule a lunch or after-work cocktails together
- If you’ve had friends for many years, you’ve seen a lot of movies and listened to a lot of music in that time. Trying making an old-fashioned “mix tape” or create a CD with songs that you and a friend or friends have in common and gift them with a note talking about all the wonderful memories you’ve made together!
- Do you have a creative hobby or two? Use your talents or hobbies to make something from the heart for a friend
- Take cards and a crafted gift, or a home-made meal or pastries to your lady neighbors or coworkers
- Make plans with your good friends to volunteer at a women’s shelter, soup kitchen, or other group in need
- Write a long letter, or maybe even blog and publish it to the world about your best friends and how much they have inspired or supported you through the years
- Create a standing monthly event with a group of friends, like a book club or a potluck, or movie night!
Make new friends!
- Try joining a club or group that is based on an interest of yours (photography, exercise, soap-making?)
- Find a group that is solely centered around women and creating bonds between women, such as a:
- Women’s circle (http://womens-circle.meetup.com/)
- Moon Circle (http://thewildwomanproject.com/find-a-moon-circle/what-is-a-ww-moon-circle/)
Did you know girlfriends can add years to your life?
Want Free Tips and Support?
Sign Up Here For My Monthly Newsletter